The method of replacing the batteries is different with the Honeywell Thermostat model you are using. In this guide, we will show you different ways to take off the facelift and replace the batteries on different Honeywell Thermostats.
Confirm the model you are using to avoid using the wrong model as it may damage the folate of your thermostat.
Honeywell 4000 series thermostat
If you own a Hanwell 4000 series such as the TH4110D, Pro 4000, or TH4210D, follow these steps to replace the batteries:
- Turn off the thermostat
- Use one hand to find the slot at the bottom and press it against the wall
- Apply moderate pressure to pull and lift the faceplate with your thumb
- On the other hand, hold the thermostat in such a way that the thumb is at the bottom while your four fingers touch the top.
- Reshape the thermostat on the wall plate and press it gently to return to its original state.
- Once it is off, turn on the thermostat, remove the existing batteries and replace them with new ones.
Then turn it on and wait a few minutes for the display to work.
Honeywell 5000 and 6000 series
For Honeywell 5000 and 6000 series such as TH5000, TH6110D, and TH6320U, replace the battery with:
- Pushing the thermostat down to the top right and sliding it to the right
- Battery holder must be off
- Insert new batteries and slide the holder back into position
Minimize the time to replace the batteries of your Honeywell Thermostat as it will be restored if not inserted within 2 minutes.
Honeywell 8000 series
For the Honeywell 8000 series thermostats, including TH8110U and TH8320U, when "LO BATT" flashes on your screen or the thermostat screen goes blank, do the following:
- Hold the thermostat facet with your thumb at the bottom and four fingers at the top.
- Gently pull to remove the thermostat from the wall
- Insert new batteries, refill the thermostat and gently press it to install
For most modern thermostats such as Honeywell Lair, you just need to hold the thermostat and pull it gently. Rotate it slightly if it doesn't close. At this time, do not use too much force as it may damage the thermostat.
Honeywell thermostat battery replacement common problems
Now that you've learned how to replace the Honeywell Thermostat Battery, whether it's in your new touch screen or your old device, here's how to fix this problem. Can happen during?
Honeywell thermostat batteries will not work after replacement
If your thermostat was low in battery and you have replaced it but it still won't work, do the following:
- Set the thermostat to the off position
- Open the battery compartment and remove the batteries
- them Insert backwards and leave the thermostat on for 5-10 seconds
- Turn it off, remove the batteries and insert them properly
- Turn on your thermostat
Your thermostat is now rearranged and should work properly. Check out our other guides on thermostats and home appliances.